Who We Are
TES is a leading trusted services provider with more than 30 years of proven experience in delivering supply chain solutions that decrease downtime, create greater efficiencies, reduce risk and enhance business profitability. We help your supply chain run better and more efficiently. We understand that a key competitive advantage for our clients is getting inventory and products where and when you need them. Our dedicated team of experienced technology, warehousing, logistics and customer service personnel ensure we take the hassle out of your procurement, managed inventory and product purchasing needs.
From a legacy as a traditional wholesale distributor of electrical products, TES has evolved into a reliable problem-solving partner for our clients. Our process model is centered around quality value-added supply chain solutions that include procurement services, managed inventory solutions and expanded wholesale products distribution. Beyond the purchase, stock and ship model, we now offer transparency into the supply chain through state-of-the-art inventory, logistics and tracking systems. Our category management system allows us to save you cost because you only pay for the procurement services you need.
In addition, we continue to maintain our long-term strategic manufacturing alliances, so we can provide our customers with economical wholesale solutions. Our expanded wholesale distribution offerings range from electrical supplies to utility tools and poles to protective industrial products and more.
As the marketplace changes, TES continues to change with it. With a continued emphasis on quality, you can trust our commitment to a hassle-free purchasing experience. We keep TES and our clients one step ahead of the competition.
But the TES pledge does not stop there. We are committed to making this a better world for everyone through environmentally responsible asset purchasing and management, utilization of diverse suppliers, betterment of the community in which we work, play and live and paying it forward for the next generation.
What Drives Us
With a history rooted in quality you can trust and a foundation of success through listening to our customers, TES is continuously improving by supporting our customers and helping them thrive in their industry.
Telecom Electric Supply Company (TES) is a service company that values providing a positive experience. The goal is to build quality relationships that make TES a valued resource. Built on a foundation of accountability and ‘going the extra mile’, we are a solutions-based environment that works to exceed expectations.
Our values and leadership are founded upon established principles for success, respect and fairness in both business and life. In all that we do, our talented and passionate team believes we can always do better, and we will always be committed to the values in which we believe.
- Respect – TES respects the contributions of our team, the requirements of our clients and the world in which we live, work and play. We focus on being a good corporate citizen in the world.
- Integrity – We conduct our business with honesty and fairness – not just in the letter of the law, but also in the spirit of the law, while keeping in mind the best interests of our customers.
- Accountability – Our team members are accountable to the client and each other to do it right the first time. At TES, our name means you can expect the very best in service and products.
- Continuous Improvement – We continually research and implement processes designed to make what we do better. Our proactive approach reduces unforeseen challenges and complications, while enhancing the opportunities for positive results.
- Teamwork – TES has a culture of teamwork that enhances individual creativity in conjunction with team-focused results. When our team members thrive, TES thrives.
Servicing the Metroplex since 1985.
Telecom Electric Supply Company was founded by Fred Moses in 1985. Moses had spent 11 years working for General Electric, where he was promoted into the position of Operations Manager at one of their facilities in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He moved to the Dallas, Texas area, as Operations Manager for General Electric in the early 80’s.
As often happens with entrepreneurial experiences, Moses was presented with the opportunity to start his own company with a contract that essentially used his unique, trained expertise. Thus, Telecom Electric Supply Company (now known as TES) was launched.
The company became a wholesale distributor of electrical and telecommunications products. They provided traditional services including purchasing, stocking and shipping of electrical products to customers. Their biggest customers were in the utilities and telecommunications industries.
In 1986 as the business continued to grow and add clients, TES moved into office space that included a warehouse. By 1992, the growth required even larger space and TES moved into its current location.
Today, Telecom Electric Supply Company (TES) is a service company that specializes in Procurement, Vendor-Managed Inventory and 3rd Party Logistics. They are a trusted supplier to a wide range of industries including utilities, municipalities, police, fire sanitation, safety, schools, commercial real estate, building maintenance and local, state and federal government agencies.
Recognition and Awards
TES has been fortunate to be recognized over the years for our commitment to service and delivering excellence to our customers.
- 2016 MBE of the Year – Class 3 – Dallas Fort Worth Minority Business Council
- 2016 Omni Supplier Award – Oncor Diversity Supplier of The Year
- 2011 Omni Supplier Award – Oncor Diversity Supplier of The Year
- 2000 “M” Company Award – Minority Business News
- 2000 Minority Vendor of the Year for North Texas Plano MEDWeek Celebration
- 1999 MBE of the Year – Class 3 – Dallas Fort Worth Minority Business Council
- 1999 Texas Utilities Gold Supplier Award
- 1998 Akinkanju Award – African Chamber of Commerce
- 1996 Texas Utilities Partnership Award
- 1994 Texas Utilities Gold Supplier Award
- 1992 Dallas 100 Award by the CEO Institute
- 1990 Quest for Success Award by the Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce
- 1990 – 1991 Supplier Development Award, JCPenney Company
- 1989 Business Award, Plano Community Forum
We create supply chain solutions that help build better businesses, communities and a better world for all of us. And…it’s our people who make the difference. Meet the leaders powering TES:
Our Quality Assurance and Certifications
”Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” – William A. Foster
We did not earn the nickname “trusted” from our loyal base of customers without unparalleled attention to quality and results. Many companies talk about quality, but at TES, our company has been built on delivering quality products with integrity and trust since our inception. Through our training programs, processes and customer interactions, we strive to ensure customers understand they are the most important part of our business.
It all starts with helping clients solve problems using our dedicated Client Services team. That means we listen, collaborate, achieve an understanding and aggressively seek out solutions. Whether it is finding the right solution to battery needs or examining the best way to procure an obsolete piece of equipment or evaluating inventory processes, TES digs into the details so you don’t have to. We are here to make sure you get what you want, when and where you need it.
Certifications and Memberships
- Certified MBE – National Minority Supplier Development Council
- SBE – Small Business Enterprise
- DBE – Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- HUB – Texas Certified Historically Underutilized Business
- Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Association of Electrical Distributors
- Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- US Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Business Association
- CEO Insititute
- MarketPlace Ministries
- Better Business Bureau – A+ Rating